26 September 2011

Greetings from new team member




Hi everyone!  My name is Nicole Miller and I'm a new Community Engagement Coordinator here at HQ in Lidcome.


My LinkedIn profile is http://www.linkedin.com/in/millernicole so you can read a bit about me.


My career includes film and television production, project management, internal and external communications, and community engagement. My previous position was at the University of Western Sydney where I managed a free community legal clinic and legal teaching program.  I grew up in the Hawkesbury Region (Bowen Mt, Kurrajong and Richmond) and was a member of Grose Vale brigade as a teenager.  Cumberland Zone HQ took very little time to sign me up on Open Day (see pic below).  My father, Rick Miller, has been a volunteer for Hawkesbury brigades for as long as I can remember and he is a volunteer fire investigator on the Central Coast.


I look forward to meeting many of you and sharing Community Engagement tips, resources and strategies.

Some interesting reading:

Liverpool City Council's Community Engagement toolkit - http://bit.ly/q2siLU. I like their ‘10 Principles for Community Engagement’. Their planning tool on page 2 initially looks a little scary (lots of coloured cells on a grid) yet it actually is quite a useful tool for breaking down a big program or project into bite sized jobs.


Best wishes,

Nicole

PS - I hope your Open Days were a great success.


Photo caption: Senior Deputy Captain, Ron Freeman, signing up Community Engagement Coordinator, Nicole Miller, at Cumberland Zone HQ Open Day 2011.















No comments: